Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Favorite Character

**Spoiler Alert.

Who is my favorite character in Amber and Blue?

You may be surprised.

If you have read Amber and Blue, you've probably found yourself caught up in the struggle between the two primary male characters. Choosing sides is inevitable.  Who have you chosen?  Who do you want to disappear?  The precious, slightly clumsy Alex?  The smooth, but questionable Lucien? And what do they look like?   

Early in the book, I did choose sides between the two, and it is not the most popular side.  This might lead you to wonder what will really happen in Amber and Blue II-Victory.  I will never tell.  :-)

Above all, the most interesting character to develop was Sebastian.  I realize he was despised by most readers, but I absolutely loved him!  I found myself egrossed in the reaseach of what makes this type of individual tick.  What do they think, how do they feel?  What kind of dark secrets do they hold in their mind?  Did something happen to them in their childhood to create such monsters?

Sebastian wanted to feel normal. He wanted to feel human like everyone else but could not control his dark inner self.  He was afraid and forever alone.

Why do you think he was so evil?  What would he have done to Grace if he hadn't been stopped?  Was his final act done from the fear of getting caught, the pain and confusion of how he felt inside, or did he really love Grace, and deep down, he never wanted to hurt her?

What or who would you like to know more about?  Give me a shout at AmberAndBlue@gmail.com or comment below.  Would love to hear your thoughts or questions. 

-K.R.Rowe










No comments:

Post a Comment